Persons who may want to use the residential / daycare facilities of the MPA are encouraged to first visit the MPA.
The Admission form must be purchased from the office and completed. Alternatively, the form may be downloaded and the charges paid at the time of submitting. This includes:
1. One proforma to be completed by the patient or a close relative who is seeking admission on behalf of the patient. It is imperative that the photograph of the patient be affixed before admission is considered.
2. One proforma for acceptance of the conditions pertaining to the admission.
3. One proforma to be completed by the treating psychiatrist.
4. The completed form may then be presented for review by one of the following panel of our Consultant Psychiatrists:
At Abhaya Hospital, No.17, Dr. M. H. Mari Gowda Road, Wilson Garden, Bangalore
Dr. A. Jagadish– Psychiatric Department– Mon. to Sat. (excluding Friday evening) 11.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Ph Nos: Hospital – 26563865, 26564586;
Psychiatric Dept. – 9945599827; Personal: 9844059066
At St. Martha’s Hospital, Nrupathunga Road, Bangalore
Dr. Ajit Bhide - Psychiatry OPD – Monday, Wednesday, & Friday – 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. Dr. B. R. Madhukar – Psychiatry OPD – Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday – 9.00 a.m. to 11 a.m.
At NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Dr. Mathew Verghese – Psychiatry OPD –Tuesday and Wednesday- 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Dr. Shekhar Seshadri – Children’s Guidance Clinic- Tues, Thurs, Fri & Sat- 9 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Dr. John P. John - Psychiatry OPD- Monday and Tuesday- 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
At M.S. Ramaiah Hospital, Bangalore
Dr. T. Murali – Monday to Wednesday – 9.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m.
At St. John’s Medical College &Hospital, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore
Dr. M.V. Ashok – Psychiatry OPD – Monday, Wednesday & Friday – 9.00 am to 12.30 p.m.
Dr. Galgali - Psychiatry OPD – Tuesday, Friday & Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
At Kempe Gowda Institute of Medical Sciences, K.R. Road, V.V.Puram, Bangalore
Dr. R. Raghuram – Psychiatry OPD – Monday to Saturday 11.00 am to 1 pm
On recommendation for admission by the Consultant Psychiatrist, admission will be formalized.
For clearance, the patient must be taken to any one of the psychiatrists listed, along with the completed Application Form and the Psychiatrist’s Report (the formats are given in the Application for Admission)
- At MPA, the House Parent and Warden administer medication according to doctor’s prescription. At the time of admission, current prescription has to be submitted.
- Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals are provided.
- We are committed to providing effective rehabilitation services in a home-like atmosphere. We need co-operation from the family; so make sure that you are ready to participate in our programmes before you fill up the application form.
- In case of a temporary discharge from the Half-Way Home or Navajeevan Hostel for admission in another nursing home or hospital, a place may be reserved for a resident, depending on vacancies. For re-admission to the Half-Way Home or Navajeevan Hostel, families have to apply again; admission will be at the discretion of the Committee.
- No new admissions are made on a Friday.
- No admissions are available for persons whose primary problem is alcohol or narcotic substance dependence.
- Please submit to the MPA Office, the completed Application forms along with the Psychiatrist’s report and a clearance, so that you can be put on a waiting list. As soon as there is vacancy, you will be contacted and a date and time for the formal interview will be decided on.
Please note that it is essential for the applicant to be willing to stay at MPA - according to our terms and conditions, given in the application form and explained in detail at the time of interview.